ReachUC Google Chrome Complete
The ReachUC Google Chrome Complete extension allows you to harness the features of your cloud PBX from within the Chrome browser. With ReachUC you can:
-Initiate Click-to-Dial PBX calls or send SMS for any phone number on web pages by clicking on the pop-up above the highlighted number,
-Schedule meetings for MeetingManager from the extension and save them to your Google Calendar account or
-Create a meeting in Google Calendar and have it automatically added to your MeetingManager,
-Save contact information from Google Contacts to your PBX Contacts list, and
-Call, send SMS, or send a fax to any phone number from an integrated dialpad.
To enable this feature go to ReachUC – Extensions
Clicking the name of the extension will direct you to Chrome Web Store.
When prompted, click Add Extension.
After adding extension ensure that ReachUC extension is present.
Login to the ReachUC extension using your PBX credentials.
After login, you will see options for Meeting Manager, Click to Dial and Dialpad.
- Clicking the Click to Dial option will allow you to manage your Click to Dial Settings.
- If you browse to any web page, phone numbers will be highlighted when you mouse over them. Selecting the call option will initiate a call to the highlighted number or select the message option to open a dialog box for sending an SMS to the highlighted number. If you do not see the SMS and/or fax options, please contact your service provider.
If you encounter a phone number on a page that is not recognized by the extension as a phone number you can highlight and copy the number then paste it into the extension’s dialpad. This will remove any extra characters making the phone number available for a call, message, or fax.
- Selecting the Meeting Manager option will allow you to schedule a web or video conference.
- When you create a new Google Calendar event, you will see an option to schedule a Meeting Manager meeting.
- Selecting the Dialpad option will allow you to
- Make a phone call to any number. After you enter a number and press “Call”, your phone will ring and you will be connected to the destination number
- Send an SMS. If your PBX account is SMS enabled, you can enter a text message and then press the “Send” button.
- Send fax. If your PBX account is fax enabled, you select a document from your PC and then press the “Send Fax” button.
Another useful feature of the extension is the ability to Call, Send SMS, Send Fax to the phone numbers when viewing your contacts in Google Contacts and even the ability to save these contacts to your PBX. To do this simply open Google Contacts.
Then open up a contact’s details and choose what you would like to do by clicking on the corresponding icons